MEP Hunt Camp at the Stargazing Cabin
in RASC-designated DarkSky Preserve!
Our 2021 Bow Hunting Package includes bow hunting access to 4 stands and accommodations in our Stargazing Cabin, the location of MEP Hunt Camp. This package is available for up to 4 licensed hunters ages 18 and up. Non-hunting guests are welcome to stay at MEP Hunt Camp with one or more licensed hunters. This rustic insulated cabin is located in the interior of Manitoulin Eco Park, within a RASC-designated DarkSky Preserve, with spectacular views of the MilkyWay and countless stars on clear nights!
Amenities Provided at MEP Hunt Camp:
- Insulated Stargazing Cabin
- Spectacular views of the night sky in our RASC-designated DarkSky Preserve
- 5-gallon jugs of potable water
- Woodstove for heat (you are responsible for starting and tending the fire safely: only wood from MEP and newspaper brought by hunting guests may be used, no accelerants)
- Local firewood in the Stargazing Cabin Wood Shed
- Additional bundles can be purchased if you empty the shed by calling the Hunt Camp Check In/Emergencies Phone line (number provided prior to arrival).
- NO cutting or gathering of additional wood from MEP land is permitted, due to current environmental research in progress.
- NO outside firewood or kindling may be brought into MEP to avoid arboreal disease transmission.
- Propane BBQ (outside)
- 4-burner Propane Stove (inside cabin)
- Kitchenette includes: pots, pans, cooking utensils; 4 sets of: dishes, bowls, and eating utensils
- Dining table & chairs
- Raised sleeping beds: 1 Double, 1 Single, 1 Bunk Bed (with 2 Singles)
- Outdoor cigarette ash receptacle
- Hanging poles
What is NOT Available:
- Hunting guides to assist with the hunt, lifting, or dressing
- Indoor bathrooms / showers / plumbing
- Electrical Outlets
What to Bring:
- sheets, blankets, sleeping bags, pillows
- food & beverages
- cooler if needed (no fridge or freezer provided)
- newspaper for igniting the woodstove fire
- lanterns for light after sunset for inside the cabin
- generator & flood lamps if you need them for dressing out the deer at night
- camp chairs for outside
- anything else for your comfort & safety
Bags of ice can be purchased using the Hunt Camp Check In Line between noon-5pm.
Local food-marts and hardware stores are within 20 min. drive to purchase perishable food items, as well as any needed outdoor equipment or supplies forgotten. Please research store locations & hours in advance, as these tend to be limited on the island.